Gray Johnson Realty of Fort Smith, Arkansas offers Fort Smith’s finest homes to the market.
Call Us Today:
Browse our Gallery of Fine Homes. Our Extra Large Photos give you the best
|New to Fort Smith?
Let us help you find that perfect neighborhood!
|Our unmistakable confidence makes us the perfect choice for new home buyers and sellers! [More...]|
Through the covered entry and smack into a completely different world... right in the middle of Fort Smith! A heavily wooded area with only thirteen lots, each with at least two acres, and the largest with ten. This house used the land as its inspiration. The blend into the woods is perfect, from the outside and from the interior.
The exterior of this 4488 square foot home is a combination of redwood stained cedar and limestone (salvaged from the First Baptist Church in downtown Fort Smith), with over 950 square feet of wrap-around decking. The style is contemporary, drawn by our local architect, Tim Risley. The interior of this two level (three level if you count the loft in the master bedroom) home is hardwood flooring, mahogany trim, granite and limestone. Four bedrooms, each with its own bath and one powder room. Tall windows and skylights allow both wonderful natural light and uninterrupted views of the surrounding woods.
Entry: 10 x 11 With a 15 foot tall ceiling. The exterior stonework has obviously been done by a master mason. The front door came from an english cathedral and is well over 200 years old. The frame for the original door and stain glass panels was custom built by a Smithsonian restoration expert for this house.
Living Room: 19 x 18 One step down. The floors are white oak with a clear finish. The masonry fireplace is constructed of limestone and reaches to the ceiling. Shared with the formal dining room, it makes quite a statement.
Dining Room: 14.5 x 20 Surrounded by windows, and that magnificent fireplace, this is an extraordinary place to hold a formal dinner party, or a family Thanksgiving gathering.
Kitchen: 14.7 x 15 A true “command” center that’s open to the breakfast nook, family room and the dining room... with a breakfast bar on either side. The granite countertops were quarried in South Dakota... the appliances are stainless, the flooring is the same white oak.
Breakfast Area: 14.5 x 13 Three skylights above, with floor to ceiling windows, welcome the morning sunshine into both the tiled courtyard outside and the well planned comfort in.
Family Room: 18.5 x 18.5 Features a cathedral ceiling, a walled courtyard to the east, miles of decking on the west and built-in bookshelves with space for a large screen tv on the south wall... how can you resist hanging out here?
Even the railing on the staircase is custom designed... This level features three bedrooms and a super-sized utility room. Two bedrooms at either end of the hallway, with the master in-between.
Bedroom (2): 15.5 x 12 Private bath, walk in closet, ceiling fan.
Utility Room: 8.5 x 13.5 Utility sink with whirlpool agitator, extra storage.
Bedroom (3): 14.5 x 11.5 Private bath, walk in closet, ceiling fan. The really neat thing about these rooms are their doors... antiques from an old house in Van Buren... the glass inserts have been replaced with safety glass. Very prudent.
Master Suite: 21 x 16 This room features a sitting area, sloped ceiling from 10 to 15 feet tall. Also features the third level loft. (20.5 x 10). Used as a study with everything built-in. The desk, the bookshelves and an especially charming window seat... should you get tired of all the studying and would just appreciate some daydreaming time. The master bath is huge... 20 x 9, with separate vanities, corner bubbler tub and a walk-in steam shower. The bath also opens to a private deck with a hot tub.
Built in 1993 and completely updated in 2001, the interior of this house is a wonderful blend of casual contemporary and extreme comfort.... and with 2.5 acres (mostly wooded), the outside is a sanctuary.
1. Hand cut limestone was quarried in Georgia over 120 years ago, and was used to build the First Baptist Church in downtown Fort Smith. When the church was remodeled, the limestone was salvaged for use on this home. All masonry work was done by Jim Ibson, a well know master mason in this area.
2. The front door came from an English cathedral, it is over 200 years old. The stained glass panels are original. The frame for the front door was custom built by a Smithsonian restoration expert.
3. Floors are white oak, clear finish. The trim is solid mahogany.
4. Granite was quarried in South Dakota.
5. The downstairs bathroom mural was done by Fayetteville artist, Kathy Thompson.
6. Stair railings were custom designed by Ron Watkins.
7. In Master bedroom, custom designed bed and night stands, as well as built in desks and book shelves in loft office were built by John Thomsen during the 2001 remodel.
8. Steam shower in Master bath
9. Doors on two other upstairs bedrooms came from an old house in Van Buren... replaced the glass with safety glass.
10. Whirlpool sink with overflow in laundry.
11. Custom stone wall in family room, using planed limestone to accent other limestone behind display shelves.
12. Extensive sprinkler system: all of property except outlying woods is sprinklered... fenced back yard.
13. House was completely remodeled in 2001.
14. Foundation is slab and pier.
|Quick Facts:||Schedule a Tour:|
|Enter your name & contact information & we will contact you to arrange a private tour:|
$1,800,000 - 2669 King Drive, 130 gated acres, 6 car garage, 4 bedroom, 5 bath loggia, pool, Mulberry
$1,575,000 - 12108 Ponderosa Lane, Fort Smith
$672,000 - 1301 River Overlook, 5 BR, 4 car garage, theater room, 5300+ square feet, Van Buren
$650,000 - 4805 Aspen Court, 4 Bed / Gated Community, Fort Smith
$588,000 - 10516 Riverview Drive, 4 BR, Heated In-Ground Pool, 4100+ square footage, Fort Smith
$526,000 - 4430 Spike Ridge, 5 BR, on 3 acres, Deer Woods, Greenwood, AR
$450,000 - 8100 Dover Circle, 5000 square feet, 5 bedrooms, 3 full baths and 2 powder rooms
$425,000 - 6812 Deerfield Drive, Safe Room, 4BR, 3 Full Baths, 3528 square feet
$370,000 - 1700 Copper Ridge Blackstone Ranch, 3,100+ sf, 3BR, in ground pool, 800+ sf pool house with 2 car garage
$360,000 - 1321 North 52nd Street,, 4 BR, 3.5 baths, and a bonus room.
$359,000 - 3710 Beach Way, 4 BR on 6.6 acres with guest house.
$263,000 - 9808 Muirfield Circle 72908, 3 BR, 3 BA, Sunroom, Pool
$220,000 - 1708 Bunker Hill Dr, 4 BR, 4 car garage, Van Buren
$195,000 - 1505 Quebec Drive 72908, 4 BR, 2.5 BA, Oversized 2 Car Garage
$169,000 - 2706 Herbert Street, Fort Smith, AR, 4 BR, 3 Bath
$139,900 - 143 South 46th Street, 3 bedroom, 6.5 acres right outside city limits, Van Buren
$133,500 - 1611 North 45th Terrace, 3 BR, 2 Bath, Fort Smith